Saturday, August 7, 2010

Leading for Good


It was my pleasure this past Sunday to attend a brunch on behalf of Karen Ramsey (pictured), President and CEO of Lead for Good, a new non-profit organization. A quote from the Lead for Good website: “Recognizing that every nonprofit organization thrives with great leadership, Lead for Good helps individuals become great leaders so they may better serve the missions of their nonprofit organizations.”

I can personally attest to Karen’s effectiveness as a leadership coach. She served as my coach for nine months during my time in an executive mentorship program offered by the Organization for Nonprofit Executives, also known as ONE. In that time, she guided me through some difficult situations at our agency. My pre- and post-360 evaluation reviews would indicate that I became a more effective executive director through her coaching and through the mentorship program generally. I would urge you to check out the Lead for Good website, and ask yourself the question as to whether you can stand some improvement as a nonprofit leader. If so, Karen can help.

-Doug Hirano, MPH, APCA Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment