Friday, April 15, 2011

My 15 Minutes of Fame



My friend and colleague Mr. Fred Taylor invited me to be on his radio show, Men’s Health, yesterday. I was happy to speak about health issues in the local Asian American and Pacific Islander communities and did my best to share what I knew about our mission and related activities towards improving the health of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. However, I guess you never know what to expect on live radio. Fred’s co-host, Dr. Bob Gear (pictured on right), had some interesting questions for me about sanitation practices in local Chinese restaurants and also related to illegal immigration among Asians in Arizona. I think my responses to these questions were politic. In any case, I’m hoping I won’t be getting any phone calls from Sheriff Joe Arpiao or the Chinese Restaurant Association any time soon.

-Doug Hirano, MPH, APCA Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment